October 2, 2008

A new invention...

This week, Preston had to complete a writing assignment about an invention. He had to come up with the invention, draw it, and write a paragraph about WHY he invented it, WHAT it would be used for and WHO it would help. I couldn't help but be so proud of him when I read what he came up with. He wrote the following all by himself.

“My Invention”
By: Preston Campbell

My invention is a sugar detector. The reason for this invention is for my Mimi. She is diabetic. This invention will not only help her but it will help everybody. They would have to stick an eye-dropper in the drink and the eye-dropper would turn a certain color. If it turns black it has sugar in it. If it stays clear it has no sugar at all. I hope my invention will help anybody that is diabetic so that they don’t drink anything sweet.

1 comment:

sharon said...

your boys are too cute!!! and that was such a great piece of writing! seeing and reading about Preston makes me miss my 4th graders...

i am so glad you found my blog, and I am excited to have another to add to my list! :) about the header... after you publish your scrapblog, go to file and choose "Export as JPEG" and download it onto your desktop. Then, in blogger, go to Layout>Page Elements, then click "edit" on your header box, which is at the top of your layout. when the box comes up, click "behind title and description", "shrink to fit", and then choose a file from your computer. find the file on your desktop, and once it appears, click save, and that should be it! i hope this makes sense...let me know if it does not! stay tuned to my blog...i am actually about to start a little blog design business and will be starting it pretty cheaply! :)